Leica SPi 8 Gated STED
Leica SPi 8 Super-Resolution gSTED Inverted Confocal Microscope
The Leica 3D gSTED system achieves resolution below the diffraction limit in the lateral, and axial directions.
There are 3 gSTED continuous wave lasers at 592 nm (CW), 660 nm (CW) and 775 nm (pulsing laser) which allow the use of fluorophores From 470 to 670 nm in super-resolution.
- Inverted Leica DMi8 with anti-vibration table
- Continuous wave laser: UV – Diode 50mW 405nm
- Pulsed laser: White Light Laser (WLL). Avg. power 1.5mW: 470 – 670nm
- Depletion lasers: two continuous (CW) wave lasers up to 1.5W at 592 nm, 660 nm and wave pulsing laser at 775 nm 80 MHz (Class 4 lasers)
- Spectral Detection Range of 400nm – 720nm
- Detectors: 3 HyD (hybrid detectors) Gated, 2 PMTs, and a TLD (transmitted light detector)
- Excitation Modulation: up to 8 channels (filters multi-photon ext. & ems.); Acousto Optical Beam Splitter (AOBS): provides selectivity between 0.6 & 2 nm wavelength (no filter set needed).
- Resonant Scanner 8kHz
- Accelerated Z-stacking with the SuperZ galvanometer substage
- 3-D STED (up to 70 nm in Z)
- HyVolution – SuperResolution for every experiment and every sample (down to 140nm in XY).
- HC PL FLUOTAR 10x/0.30Plan Fluotar objective, for use with and without coverglass, no immersion.Free working distance: 11.0 mm.
- HC PL APO 20x/0.75 CS2Plan apochromat objective, no immersion.Free working distance: 0.62 mm.
- HC PL APO 63x/1.40 OIL CS2Plan apochromat oil immersion objective.Free working distance: 0.14 mm.
- C PL APO 93X/1.30 GLYC motCORR STED objective with glycerol immersionMotorized correction collarFree working distance: 0.3 mm.
- HC PL APO 100x/1.40 Oil STED onlyPlan apochromat oil immersion objective especially designed for STED.Free working distance: 0.13 mm.
Building E, room 006A (SR room)
First time users must order a tutoring session.